Director, Merchandise Manager Ann Taylor Factory - Tops
Times Square Tower
NEW YORK, NY
Job Title: Merchandiser Manager
Reports To: MVP
Direct Reports: Assistant or Associate Merchandiser, Merchandiser, and Sr Merchandiser (where applicable)
Key Business Partners: Merchandising team, Design, Sourcing team, Planning and Store Planning and Visual teams.
The Merchandise Manager drives the success of the business through developing and executing seasonal business strategies that meet or exceed departmental financial goals and upholds the brand integrity. Leads the CFT process and identifies business opportunities. Recommends pricing strategies for specific categories.
- Leads a cross-functional team for a single Department. Develops, communicates and drives seasonal business strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and customer expectations.
- Manages and teaches the Merchandising team to be customer-focused, innovative, fast and team-oriented in their work.
- Develop and gain approval for Department seasonal strategies and prioritize tasks to support Division strategies and meet financial targets.
- Partner with cross-functional team members to develop Department key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and store assortments to ensure that the collection is commercially viable and provides an exciting customer store experience.
- Approve the ranking of all styles within the Department based on historical and current product performance, as well as marketplace information.
- Position Department investments to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets are met.
- Formulate Department pricing strategies.
- Approve garment fit and ensure product execution meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards.
- Present assortment to senior management for approval by developing presentation structure and content, and ensuring appropriate analysis is completed.
- Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information.
- Change future Department strategies in-season where needed and provide appropriate and timely direction to the cross-functional team in order to react quickly to customer and business trends
- Formulate strategies and implement shorter-term tactical plans that are cost-effective, efficient and realistic.
- Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the target customer and of product trends.
- Demonstrate management skills.
- Possess strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess basic knowledge of international production processes. Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelors degree.
- Experience as a Senior Merchandiser or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of retail buying experience.
- 2-4 years of management experience
- buying experience including 2-4 years of management experience.
Date Posted: 3/22/13
Career Area: Merchandising
Job ID: 1214664